Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Some more places to visit for Web 2.0 tools

A few weeks back, I posted a few sites to refer to for web 2.0 tools.  I realized I forgot one that is well evaluated and organized.  It's from the American Association of School Librarians or AASL.  For the last four years, the AASL has selected the top 25 sites and published their findings.  I learned about this site last year while I was at a conference, and I refer to it annually ever since.  It takes nominations from the public and evaluates the sites to determine which are the best.

The site is easy to follow and it is well organized.  It divides the sites into six categories: Media Sharing, Digital Storytelling, Manage and Organizing, Social Networking and Communication, Content resources and curriculum collaboration.  For those of you who have specific needs this is the place to go.

A lot of the sites I have referenced in my posts are located on the AASL site.  I have found several beneficial tools to use in my classroom. I recommend looking here or the archives for some great tools to use in your classroom. 

Keep in mind, librarians evaluate these sites.  Librarians are trained to find good tools for students, staff and colleagues.  Check it out, I think you will find some fantastic links to sites that can benefit everything in your classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will not appear immediately. All content is monitored prior to submission.